Thursday, June 2, 2011

Oração . a banda mais bonita da cidade

The other day I happened across this delightful music and felt I just had to share it. The song is called "Prayer" by The Most Beautiful Band of the City (from Curitiba, Paraná). This video is a youtube sensation, and the video was made in the lead singer's grandfather's house.

This song is everything that I love about Brazil. Simple joy. It is light and playful. I find myself singing the beautiful lyrics always. The first lines are my favorites:

Meu amor essa é a última oração
Pra salvar seu coração
Coração não é tão simples quanto pensa
Nele cabe o que não cabe na despensa

Which translates to:

My love is the last prayer
To save your heart
The heart is not so simple as you think
The space inside is not like this dimensional space

Now, please enjoy. And be happy today.


1 comment:

  1. this is soo cute! my dad just sent me this song and I cant stop listening to it i downloaded it too!!! good happy music !

    ReplyDelete