Monday, August 30, 2010

Called

I am now officially on my journey for adventure. Waking up at the ungodly hour of 3 a.m. to finish packing and head out was an accomplishment in itself, and I can tell that this is going to be a very long trip indeed as I continue on to Miami, then an overnight to Brazil. Leaving the U.S. and my home as made me think about the things I will miss most... My family, friends, peanut butter, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Hoofers, the Terrace, random adventures, my portuguese class (shout out to Nora, Robin and Sam)... and many more. But I cannot dwell on what I will miss because then I will just turn around and go back. Now I focus on the goal ahead and what I am excited for. I get to be in the country of coffee and Guarana, will use portuguese daily, see my wonderful family, trek through the rainforest and run along the beach, evade poisonous insects and snakes. I am sitting in the CLT airport and my brain is just going a mile a minute. What goodbyes didn't I say? Did I forget anything? Where exactly did I pack my cliff bars... What was the portuguese phrase for "I am lost" (I realize this might come in handy)?

But the greatest idea of it all is the thrill of unknowing. I don't know what is going to happen on this trip or what kinds of things I will even see. As many of you know, my return date is yet to be determined- I basically have a one way ticket and have yet to decide when to come back. This both excites me and terrifies me. All my life I have been a great planner, and have been two steps ahead in being scheduled. But now I am giving myself over to the world and will accept fate as it comes. I feel a destiny there, a master plan that I can only begin to dream about. Maybe God will reveal some of this to me in the coming months, or it will be a complete surprise when it happens.

Here I am world.

I am ready.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome reasoning and faith. We support you whole heartedly!

    Love,
    Mitch, Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete