Monday, May 9, 2011

Students say the darndest things....

I absolutely love being a teacher and interacting with people in the classroom. Yes, some days it is hard to get them to talk or to interact, but there are these moments that make every day priceless! Here are just a few that you will enjoy:


Me: What does freedom mean today in a capitalist society?
Student: A big boat!



Me:..."Put hair on your chest"- this is a slang expression. Sometimes men say it to boys, like "Here drink this, it'll put hair on your chest!"
Student: I put my head on your chest?



Me: What are ways we can use the verb "put?"
Student 1: to put on...
Student 2: Put out!




Me: When do people use the term to make love?
Male student: At the bar.



Female student: (offering gum to a friend) Hey you, guy, want my chicklets?


Student: I don't care about the act: if Man put his ass or his foot on the moon. I just care about the results.


Student 1: I can change the world with my two hands.
Student 2: What if I cut off your hand?
Student 1: Then I can change the world with my foot.


No comments:

Post a Comment